Love-Life-Laughter

Monday, September 25, 2006

Mediocre But Arrogant...

I happened to read this book by Abhijeet Bhaduri, which gives a view of the BSchool life as seen by one of its students. And, i must say the book came out as a ready solution to some of the problems I had been facing.

For past few days, friends around me had been constantly complaining about the negative/dull attitude I was carrying. On deeper introspection, I realized that there had been a number of questions unanswered in my mind, and which were creating a loop of thoughts, eventually resulting in sulking and fretting. I had always been of the opinion that man inherently would like to crib and complain about his current state of affairs. I was analyzing, or may be over-analyzing my acts and actions at a microscopic level, and when the future won't appear very bright, I would fret 'n fume. In my mind, I had created a specific set of events that would determine my future, and was constantly evaluating those events. To be precise, I was over expecting from myself, and trying to be something that I am not. And, I got my lesson, well explained and illustrated by no one other than my dad. Yeah, he could understand the root cause of the feelings I was having, and I was apalled by the extent of correctness his analysis demonstrated. Thanks to him, I am back to life now, realizing that it is too small to bother, and too precious to waste. Not going to details, I would just say that it looks so good from where I see right now, so full of action, purpose and fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home