Love-Life-Laughter

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Assumption

I was once told that when we assume, we actually make an ass of u and me. Last week, i found out that its true. Assumption is a premise on which we seldom draw our conclusions. And, needless to say, one is left agape when the truth comes out.

A similar thing happened with me. I have this weird habbit of formulating a notion starting with an assumption, which at that particular time, seems obvious to me. There is a strange kind of fear that surrounds me when i start thinking about implication of something that i had not expected to happen. Normally, anyone would stop thinking about it and if need arises, deal with the repercussions as and when they happen. But, my mind can not let go anything without an analysis. So, it happens that i tend to think on it and start assuming all the negative impacts that it might have, to a point that they start appearing but natural to me and i start believing that they would be true. And in the end, when the moment of discocvery comes, i am left shocked when the eventuality is much more positive than i had thought it to be. Sometimes, i think its good because i am already prepared for the worst of all. But, at other times, i blame myself for all the pseudo analysis, and the attached tension. Well, as i see, i am a man of thinking. And i would die, when i stop doing that. And when somethings go against my expectations, my thought process concocts this chain of events, about which i am not happy, but feel relaxed on discovering that they were not true. :)

6 Comments:

  • a touch of optimism wouldn't hurt rohit... yes you are prepared for the worse but at the end is the agony tht u put urself thru worth the pleasure, at time it might be but i don't think tht wud be the case very often. analysis comes naturally to us i think ;)... but lets not make it our weakness.

    By Blogger Panda , at 11:44 AM  

  • good toh aap ne likh hi diya haan..sahi hai meri bhi 1 post aani hai socha nahi but i wud write b4 i leave the city kal PG meet hai pata nahi kaise rahegi..let c

    By Blogger AGRINEER, at 1:01 PM  

  • its not a good thing.. try not doing it for a change :) and see the difference!

    By Blogger Brinder, at 10:40 PM  

  • Hmmm...I think that I also indulge in such kind of comtemplation... assuming that I understand your post corretly and understand what kinds of assumptions you are talking about, I think I understand what you do...
    It's not bad really, as long as it does not affect your general cheerfulness and behavior towards others...

    By Blogger Joy Forever, at 8:24 AM  

  • @Misha n Preeti - Correct! Agreed! Have always yearned to do it the way u suggest, but something makes me more satisfied the way it is right now. :) But yeah, i should try different things.

    @Sugata - yeah, thats the point, as long as it does not affect my general cheerfulness and behaviour towards others? But, thinking of it, it does, for sure, atleast towards the person which is the central character of the contemplation! :) But then, all's well that end's well, rt?

    By Blogger Rohit Mahajan, at 1:59 PM  

  • ahree haan roy aisa toh maine soccha na tha.. its all in the mind :)

    By Blogger Brinder, at 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home