Love-Life-Laughter

Monday, April 17, 2006

Solace in loneliness

Until now, i always feared loneliness. Yeah, i was among the lucky ones to always have friend(s) around. As a matter of fact, i used to find it extremely bizzare to amble around. It was recently that i discovered the true joy of walking aimlessly. I am among the people who are very conscious of themselves and hence i never let myself free in any situation. A few days back my friend rightly pointed out that i can never walk like him, not thinking anything, as if it doesn't matter who all are looking at me and whatever they think of me. Right from my childhood, i had always felt queer being alone in a crowd. You might laugh at it, but while doing daily chores at home, when i used to land up at a shop, i used to find it bad to wait until the shopkeeper gives me the stuff and i pay up. I used to think what am i supposed to do all this while, and as a result i used to be so conscious of myself. In classroom, i used to hate it when i became the centre of attraction (for whatever reasons). Moving along with friends used to be my way to show back to the world "Here. I am not alone."

I realize that devoid of a certain realistic situation, a person would always avoid doing what he/she fears/dislikes. Thats how i came to know of things i could do successfully when i was alone, no matter whether in a crowd, or in a hidden corner of my life. They say, its all about confidence that you have on yourself. Right, it has built a lot in these last few years. Yes, i am learning slowly how to be less conscious of myself and yes, i am learning how to find solace in my loneliness. :)

3 Comments:

  • solace in my loneliness.... i would rather call it enjoying my own company :D
    im glad for you :)

    By Blogger Panda , at 11:29 PM  

  • I believe its all a part of growing up n getting a better perspective on things ..
    and we are on the journey where destination doesnt matter but what we learn from the journey is paramount!!
    My Best Of Wishes for ya Always!!

    By Blogger Brinder, at 6:11 AM  

  • @Sups - yeah, enjoy we do in our own company! just the eerie feeling sometimes...

    @Pri - Right! Its the journey that matters and the people you pick to be your companions! :)

    By Blogger Rohit Mahajan, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home