Love-Life-Laughter

Friday, April 07, 2006

The joy of achievement

April, 2004: I started preparing for CAT, hoping to get an MBA admit. Consequent months saw me put all the effort i could learning.

January, 2005: Kicked by all the institutes in the written test itself. :(

Nov/Dec 2005: Gave CAT/XAT/JMET but could hardly prepare anything because of my tough work schedule (had to stretch till 1 AM in the morning sometimes).

January, 2006: Shortlisted by 3 bschools based on jmet score, namely IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi and IIT Kgp.

March, 2006: Final Selection in IIT Delhi for MBA programme 2006-2008. Also, selected in IIT Kgp and waitlisted in IIT Bombay

Its amusing, how success comes easily sometimes, without any effort. While u keep on putting ur best for no matter how much time, the joy of achievement makes its show only when its destined to. I remember the day when i went to give JMET exam, i was joking with a friend, telling him that i dont feel like giving the exam, and am so sleepy. This was the first exam where i did not show any signs of nervousness or expectations, and bingo! on spot it hit! Truely said, its all about maintaing ur calm. :)

Its the last few months at office and i dont feel like doing anything, just musing in the music of happiness, accompanied by occasional bursts of guilt consciouness. But, i guess i am on the right path. I had to take a decision about my joining in a few days after the result was declared. Some suggested that i should try another time for CAT and crack IIMs, i thought and followed my instinct and took admission, although its costing me my bond. But, i am happy, satisfied, free and lucky.

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations! on your Success Roy :)
    Best Things In Life Come Unexpected!

    By Blogger Brinder, at 11:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Brinder, at 11:03 PM  

  • Boo hoo hoo... you make me feel jealous! :-(
    I'm waiting for the day when I can write such a post...!
    Congrats yaar! Great job done!

    By Blogger Joy Forever, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home