Love-Life-Laughter

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The soothing drops of music

Once, around three years back, I had a terrible headache, and no attempt of mine to fix it was working. I put on some music, and whooosh! It was gone. I was shocked, in a happy way. Had i just discovered a cure to headache? Did I "by chance" stumble on to a complete new remedy of the most frequent of those irritating aches? I wondered, and I discussed the same with a friend. But, he could do nothing but laugh at my excitement. According to him, he could get over a headache only by having sleep, nothing else worked for him. Because I wanted to prove my point, I made some friends try listening to music when they had headache, but it didn't just work for them.

I was set to think if I was different than them, if I had some special love for music. I knew that I loved music, but this sudden new revelation was surprising. After some time, I realized that everyone has their own ways of feeling better (when stressed). Some would have a small nap, some would talk to their loved ones, while some others would prefer pain killers. My pain killer was music. And i was happy to know it :)

The years went by, and I forgot about my special association with music. It was only recently, that I was reminded of it, and I decided I needed a music player on the go. Since I always wanted an iPod, I ordered one, and I have been in bliss ever since. I also wanted to learn some instrument, and one of my new year resolutions was to learn one. I am happy that for the first time, I am actually living up to my resolutions. I joined guitar classes, and I am just lovin' it.

When i am practicing on my guitar, or when I am listening to those soothing drops of music (e.g. U2- With or Without you), my mind is so relaxed, I just feel like being in that state forever. I have a new friend now, a friend I would like to cherish forever, Music! :)

2 Comments:

  • When it comes to legendary music, you have a friend a companion and after all this what else could you ask for :)

    By Blogger Sach1, at 2:29 AM  

  • @ sachi

    rightly said, one can't ask for anything else :) The feeling is amazing, the signs are clear, the words are right, and it won't disappoint you ever!

    By Blogger Rohit Mahajan, at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home