Love-Life-Laughter

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Happy Moment...and thereafter...

After a long time, I lived a happy moment. And time has stopped ever since. I mean, the good times appear to be back, albeit for a short period.

It all started when I went to Mumbai to start with my eight week long summer internship. A welcome change from the routine ifs and buts of college life, I had been awaiting the beginning of the summers, for the want of a better means of leading life. Not that I was unhappy with the college life, but it had become kind of dull and boring, with the same old routine classes, assignments and tests.

So, my search for the better was over when I reached Mumbai. Awaiting at the guest house, which CEAT had arranged for us, was a smiling attendant and a neatly furnished apartment. People had been cribbing about difficulty of staying in Mumbai, and our (sure I would mention my partner-in-crime Madhuri here) deepest fears had been arranging for it, until the day when we were told that CEAT would arrange accommodation for us. And on checking out the arrangement, we could only smile, in relaxation. It was much better than what we had expected, and by all means we were happy. And then, we had a sudden good news. Madhuri’s uncle left us a chauffeur driven car and our plan, that Ali (who’s a localite) would show both of us some good places, knew no bounds. We went to Bandra BandStand, typically a lover’s spot, but an amazing seaside, fraught with waves, splashing over the small stone rocks. It was a sight. But for my friends, who apparently couldn’t see so much of beauty in the moment, I could have remained there, spell-bound, waiting for the waves to come and splash water over me, until I would have been drenched.

The following few days were spent mostly in getting acclimatized with the company, and evenings (and sometimes nights) in hanging out, and exploring famous places in Mumbai, like Nariman Point, Malabar Hills, Worli Sea face. And then I observed something, which hitherto I thought to be trivial. I became very happy whenever I approached the sea. It was as if the sea was talking to me in an unknown language, and I could sit at the beach, or the shore gazing into the splashing water, and observing its beauty. And therafter, I left no chance of convincing friends to go to sea face or a beach. The time spent was good, and we checked out many good places in Mumbai, a few good malls, and a few good eating joints.

Then, when it was time I arranged for a 1 or 2 day excursion to a nearby place, like lonavala, there came the NEWS, that I had to leave for Delhi. All plans went to trash, but I was not disappointed, because going to Delhi meant start of some real work. Against my expectations, the stay in delhi, and faridabad (as the regional office was in faridabad), turned out to be good, partly because faridabad is like home to me. And then when the work started, it was a mix of good and bad times. The work turned out to be good, with my ever increasing need for achievement finally seeing some light, when I was meeting all top people, and working out plans (sometimes outside the scope of my project). But, all in all, the traveling was fun sans the heat. Now, I am at home for the weekend, and as I read the news “suraj ne aag ugli”, I feel a little scared for the upcoming days, when I have to do more travelling for my market research. But, at the bottom of it, there is happiness and satisfaction, of a kind never experienced before. Wish i could tap most of it for the remaining part of my life :)

1 Comments:

  • you and i we both know that happiness is short lived and what brings peace at the end of the day is task/tasks well done. glory acheived by self is what brings us close to satisfaction. way to go dearest!

    By Blogger Brinder, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home