Love-Life-Laughter

Thursday, March 19, 2009

These old Sulkers :( :)

Ok. Take a deep breath. Put some swiss mocha frappe in your mouth, and repeat the "dum di dadi da" of Aqua's song "Roses are red" in your mind. Thats the way you cool down, from a day full of frustration, disgust and sheer annoyedness. Its become so usual these days, that I have started relating to these days as "sulkers," i really am afraid of them. The less of them, the happier I am. Not because I lose so much of my positive energy during these days, but also because I end up putting a lot of energy to get out of the "sulker." Like sitting at a Barista, sipping a coffee (which I am not really a fan of), trying to prove my point by blogging about it while pretending to enjoy the music of AQUA. 

It sticks. It really does. These sulkers are evil. Because, they won't let you think on anything else, or try to get rid of them. The moment you make a small effort to get out of the mode, they would rush back to you in a certain other form, an unexpected error, an uncontrollable mistake, an out-of-the-blue blunder, and you would be told on your face "THERE. HUH." 

Why do we (or is it just me?) have these sulkers? Ok, not a toughie. We ofcourse have them when things don't go according to us, when we can't see where things are going, when we are so unsure of anything and everything that we get anxious every now and then. Like when the car breaks down on a journey, and you feel sick of the fact that you are unable to move towards your destination, and you can't see when you would reach there either.

And then comes the solution. The TALK. The COFFEE. The MUSIC. And, the realization that it ain't that bad anyway. In good times, when I'm happy, smiling and confident, I often wonder about these sulkers? And, question why do I have to succumb to them? Why can't I face them directly on the face and thrash them, by not letting my mind be affected by them. But, the fact of the matter is that its only after i sulk do I get to thinking, talking and thinking, and it is then that I find solutions. It is only when i feel "enough is enough," that i get into the mode of "i need to solve it." May be I am wrong. May be not. But, thats how I am.

No matter how much I say I hate these sulkers, but they are always followed by success. For me. Always. And, I am so used to the success now, that i dare not change the way it is. And that is why I don't actually hate these sulkers :) 

PS: If you haven't noticed how I started with "why do these sulkers have to be there?" and I ended with "I actually am happy that i get these sulkers," then you are completely convinced by my logic. Otherwise, I don't really care :D

2 Comments:

  • "life is always about making right choices";one can choose to be a sulker or a enthusiast fighter.
    If you think that sulking helps & that provokes thinking & resolution then go for it and dont change yourself. just remember
    "Speak out your heart all the time: those who mind dont matter & those matter dont mind"

    By Blogger It's all in the Mind, at 10:28 PM  

  • Its not a choice between the two. Its how one leads to the other, in my case. Anyway, shouldn't think this much. Thanks for the advice :)

    By Blogger Rohit Mahajan, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home